How to Make T Shirts to Sell
With a little creativity, imagination and the right supplies, you can make and sell t-shirts, online and in person, at festivals and special events. Many of the materials you need to make personalized t-shirts are inexpensive and you can use these materials to make other items. Learn what supplies you need as well as what designs you can utilize to make t-shirts that sell.
1. Go to the fabric store and purchase the type of fabric you need to make the t-shirts. A cotton and spandex blend to make t-shirts provides maximum comfort for the wearer.
2. Buy a pattern to make the type of shirts you want. There are different shirt patterns for v-neck t-shirts, scoop neck t-shirts and sleeveless t-shirts.
3. Pay for the fabric, the pattern and the supplies you need to make the t-shirts by hand.
Method 2. Making T-Shirts with Decals
1. Take your sketches or drawings to a decal store or craft store and have them make heat press decals for you. Depending on the business, having your decals made can take a few days up to a week or longer. Once they are ready, pick them up at the store.
2. Put the heat press machine on if you have your own glitter iron on stickers. Be careful when using the heat press machine. It can reach upwards of a couple of 100 degrees. Read the directions thoroughly before you attempt to use this machine.
3. Place the t-shirt onto the heat press. Make sure it is centered and has no wrinkles in it. Place the decal onto the shirt iron on transfers for t shirts. Make sure you centered the decal in the middle of the shirt.
4. Press the handle down on the heat press machine and hold the bar down until you hear a beep. The beep lets you know when the shirt is ready.
5. Remove the t-shirt from the heat press. Place it on the hanger and set it to the side. You can continue making the personalized t-shirts until all of the decals are used up.
Method 3. Making T-Shirts with Rhinestones
1. Place the t-shirt onto a craft table or flat surface. You can use a sketch you have drawn previously as a guideline or use a stencil or pattern to help you with proper placement of the rhinestones.
2. Hold the stencil steady by placing tape on it. Grab your glue gun or special glue pen.
Place the rhinestone onto the pattern or stencil and begin gluing the rhinestones onto the t-shirt. Continue gluing the rhinestones onto the t-shirt until you complete the pattern.
3. Place the rhinestone onto the pattern or stencil and begin gluing the rhinestones onto the t-shirt. Continue gluing the rhinestones onto the t-shirt until you complete the pattern.
4. Hang the t-shirt on a hanger or flat surface and allow the glue time to dry. Experiment with different patterns and different colored rhinestones to get an idea of what design works best with the rhinestones you purchased.